Installing VMware Tools on FreeBSD 9, amd64

Forrest Aldrich forrie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 23:14:50 UTC 2012

I've installed the compat6x libraries and made a symlink to /lib for
libc.so.6 as per some docs I found; however, the vmware tools
installation is still failing with:

Unable to copy the source file
/usr/local/lib/vmware-tools/modules/binary/FreeBSD8.0-amd64/vmxnet.ko to
the
destination file /boot/modules/vmxnet.ko.

The reason being is that /usr/local/lib/vmware-tools/modules/binary/
only contains:

FreeBSD6.0-amd64    FreeBSD6.0-i386        FreeBSD7.0-amd64
FreeBSD7.0-i386

Is this a bug in the vmware install script or have I missed
something--or can I use a different option?

Thing is, I'm on 9.0 RELEASE.

Thanks.