Python module wnck?

Walter Hurry walterhurry at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 17:21:00 UTC 2012

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:43:23 -0400, Rod Person wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:37:44 +0000 (UTC)
> Walter Hurry <walterhurry at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get screenlets up and running on 9.0, but I'm getting the
>> following Python error:
>>
>> ImportError: No module named wnck
>>
>> I believe that this should be supplied by a a package or port named
>> something like py27-wnck, but am unable to trace any such.
>>
>> Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
>

> It's been a year or two since I tried to get screenlets running, but as
> I recall you need to get python wnck module yourself. libwnck is in the
> ports which is needed for the python module.

Thanks. libwnck is already installed, so I downloaded gnome-python-
desktop-2.32.0.tar.bz2 from ftp.gnome.org, which apparently contains the
Python wnck module.

I was intending to make the whole thing, but then install only the bit I
need. Unfortunately when it came to compile wnck, the following error was
displayed:

libtool: link: `/usr/local/lib/libxcb-aux.la' is not a valid libtool
archive

Indeed it isn't. There is no such file, even though libxcb is installed.

Any thoughts?