Python module wnck?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Apr 26 14:37:15 UTC 2012

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:37:44 +0000 (UTC), Walter Hurry wrote:
> I'm trying to get screenlets up and running on 9.0, but I'm getting the
> following Python error:
>
> ImportError: No module named wnck
>
> I believe that this should be supplied by a a package or port named
> something like py27-wnck, but am unable to trace any such.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Use the ports, Luke. :-)

	% cd /usr/ports
	% make search name=wnck

And a result:

Port:   libwnck-2.30.6
Info:   Library used for writing pagers and taskslists

More checks:

	% cat less x11-toolkits/libwnck/pkg-descr

"libwnck is a Window Navigator Construction Kit, i.e. a library used
for writing pagers and taskslists.  It is needed for the
GNOME 2.0 desktop."

Does this look like what you're searchin for? I know it's
not specified to be a Python module, but maybe it interfaces
with Python somehow?

You can also use "make search key=wnck" to bring up a list
of keyword search results.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany