Thumbnail Image Viewer for Large Number of Files

dteske at freebsd.org dteske at freebsd.org
Wed Apr 25 16:35:21 UTC 2012

As a test, I created 50,000 JPG's in one directory.

Then I ran "gthumb -"

Then I navigated to the folder containing 50,000 images.

Took about 45 seconds to initially display the contents of the folder.

Application remained usable and used only 100MB of RAM (stable/steady).

NOTE: You have to invoke it in the above manner because obviously attempting to
pass 50,000 arguments to any application on the command-line will exceed the
maximum number of arguments.

So there you go.

graphics/gthumb from ports is your answer.
--
Devin