Was..... Lots of lagging after upgrade of xorg. Now keyboard layout is lost

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Tue Apr 24 14:01:54 UTC 2012

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012, Leslie Jensen wrote:
> 2012-04-23 19:56, Leslie Jensen skrev:
>> 2012-04-23 18:29, Warren Block skrev:
>>> On Mon, 23 Apr 2012, Leslie Jensen wrote:
>>>

> Use Option
>>> "AutoAddDevices" "Off" to disable HAL input device detection.
>

>> http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/aei.html
>>

> After adding the above Option I lost the Swedish layout of my keyboard.

It's not required to disable HAL, but that's usually what people are
trying to do when they turn off AEI.

To leave HAL enabled, remove the AutoAddDevices option.  Keyboard layout
will come from the HAL fdi file.

Keyboard layout can also be set with setxkbmap in .xinitrc or .xsession,
or in the keyboard InputDevice section as Polytropon shows.