Samba 3.6.4 winbindd

J. Porter Clark jpc at porterclark.com
Fri Apr 20 19:11:25 UTC 2012

Has anyone out there gotten winbindd from Samba 3.6.anything to
work on FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE?

It starts up with no obvious problems--although with Samba's
usual cryptic error messages it's hard for me to tell--and
then just sits there doing nothing.  Wbinfo commands
time out and pam_winbind.so doesn't work.  When I run
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba stop, it hangs waiting for winbindd to
die, and I have to kill -KILL winbindd.

I'm using security = domain.  Other settings, logs, etc.
available upon request.

I've had to drop back to Samba 3.5.14_1 to get most things to
work, but I really need to go to 3.6.* for the NTLMv2 support.

--
J. Porter Clark      <jpc at porterclark.com>