pcre library linking issues

Lars Eighner lars at larseighner.com
Thu Apr 19 16:01:24 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012, Aleksandr Miroslav wrote:

> I inadvertently updated my PCRE library and in the process broke a number of
> things that depended on the old library.

Not the right answer but works:

Create a symbolic link in the library so libpcre.so.0 points to libpcre.so.1

The old library should have been moved to a compatibility library so that
things that still depended on it could find it.  This did not happen for
some reason.  Fortunately, it appears that libpcre.so.1 is (largely)
backwards compatible, so much (all?) of what depended on it will work if
fooled by a symbolic link.  Some upgrades will wipe out the link so it may
be necessary to recreate it until things get straightened out.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html