pcmcia wifi adapter that can be purchased?

Kendall Shaw kshaw at kendallshaw.com
Sun Apr 15 16:55:22 UTC 2012

Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh at onetel.com> writes:

> On 10/04/2012 23:47, Kendall Shaw wrote:
>> Chris Whitehouse<cwhiteh at onetel.com>  writes:

>>> Linksys WPC54G works with malo driver (check the man page if you get
>>> one) and is available on ebay. I haven't had one in regular use but I
>>> just did a flood ping on 9.0R i386 and it showed less than 1% packet
>>> loss.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>
>> Thanks. Oops... I clicked too soon and bought from Amazon. The bwi/bwn
> Yes looks a bit more expensive there than ebay.
>> man pages say the version 3 of the adapter is supported. Amazon doesn't
>> say what version. Is the malo driver for newer versions of the adapter?
>
> My card is v5 with Marvell Libertas 88W8335 chip.

I got the card and it is working. Thanks everyone!

The card is a Linksys WPC54G v3.1 and I am using the bwn driver. I wish
that it would tell you what version the card is, at least on the box...

I installed bwn_firmware_kmod from ports to set it up.

/boot/loader.conf:

if_bwn_load="YES"
bwn_v4_ucode_load="YES"

/etc/rc.conf: