FTP oddness, over SSH session.

Dave B dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 10:25:44 UTC 2012

On 12 Apr 2012 at 9:32, Frank Staals wrote:

> "Dave B" <dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
> > Hi, ordinarily perhaps yes, if I could only figure out how to set it
> > up on the FreeBSD box.  As always, the "Manuals" though no doubt
> > correct and complete as a "reference", are no good to people who
> > don't already know "How To" do it.
>
> There is not much to set up. Just make sure you have sshd running. You
> can then just sftp (or any other client that supports sftp) to connect
> to port 22, or whatever port sshd is listening on.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>
> - Frank

Hi Frank.

Thanks for that suggestion.

It works well!

Issue resolved for now :-)

FYI, you have to create an entry in FileZilla's Site Manager, for it to
invoke SFTP, the "Quickconnect" feature just uses plain vanilla FTP.

Best Regards.

Dave Baxter.

-- Help for Hero's European Rally 2012 participant.
Please help by visiting:-
http://www.bmycharity.com/TeamSnowball
For any/all donations, all 100% goes to H4H.