install IDS from port , but can not find the Ports security/acid

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Apr 11 08:21:04 UTC 2012

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:41:10 +0800, PstreeM China wrote:
> hi everyone :
>
> i want use the snort like IDS in my network ,  google the document from
> internet .
> there is ACID (analyst center) used provided web UI , can install from
> security/acid .
>
> but after i fetch port (portsnap fetch ; portsnap extract ) , i can not
> find the ports "security/acid"

There is an entry in /usr/ports/MOVED:

security/acid||2008-04-04|Has expired:
development has ceased, use security/base

>From base's description:

BASE is the Basic Analysis and Security Engine. It is based on the code
from the ACID project. This application provides a PHP-based web front-end
to query and analyze the alerts coming from a Snort IDS system.

BASE is a web interface to perform analysis of intrusions that Snort has
detected on your network. It uses a user authentication and role-base
system, so that you as the security admin can decide what and how much
information each user can see. It also has a simple to use, web-based
setup program for people not comfortable with editing files directly.

Maybe you can check this one in relation to your requirements?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany