FreeBSD's backwards webdesign / corporate identity

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Mon Apr 9 10:49:46 UTC 2012

Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 14:40:12 +0200, Tony wrote:

> > As much as I love FreeBSD, I'm a bit alarmed by its webdesign / corporate
> > identity.
>
> What's wrong with it? It's very accessible (especially for
> blind users) and it presents the availabe information in a
> structured way. Sure, it does not use many of today's "modern"
> extensions to get simple things done, as it uses _simple_ things
> to get them done (e. g. a href= for a link istead of "Flash"),
> but that's not a problem in my opinion. The pages load fast,
> they display well in all four major browsers (Firefox, Chrome,
> Safari, Opera), and it even renders properly in browsers with
> limited abilities (lynx, links, w3m, dillo).

Actually the site does not "display well" in all
four major browsers in general:

It might work with your browser configuration but it
fails with others.

And while it might (or might not) be accessible for blind users,
visually impaired users run into problems if they increase
the browser's default font size.

Fabian