Token Ring (really)

mikel king mikel.king at olivent.com
Fri Apr 6 20:16:00 UTC 2012

On Apr 6, 2012, at 1:30 PM, Jay West wrote:

> Well over 20 years experience with FreeBSD, and I was not aware of "Project
> Evil" ;)
>
> I don't know if my olicom card has NDIS versions of their driver for token
> ring, but if so, that just might work! Still, getting the deprecated oltr
> driver on FreeBSD9 would be awesome....
>
> Jay West
> EZwind.net
> PO Box 460474
> Saint Louis, MO 63146
> Voice: (314) 262-4143 ext 1000
> Toll Free: (866) 343-2589
> Fax: (314) 558-9284
> jwest at ezwind.net

Jay,

	What is the last version of FreeBSD that your card was supported on? Perhaps it would be worth firing up that older version. I know it's a long shot but at least you would have access to the driver code that may actually still work in the current version.

	It would certainly make an interesting story if you sort it all out.

Regards,
Mikel King
BSD News Network
http://bsdnews.net