Freebsd 9.0 and cdrecord

Fbsd8 fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com
Thu Apr 5 17:40:38 UTC 2012

Since the device name change for cdrom drives in 9.0 the burncd command
no longer functions. I installed the cdrtools package pkg_add -r
cdrtools on my 9.0 box, got cdrtools-3.00_1. Every time I use cdrecord
command I get error message
"The unit seems to be hung and needs power cycling". It will mount ok
using the mount command.

I found in the questions archives poster saying to use the development
port version and not any package version. Also says that
atapicam_load="YES" has to be added to /boot/loader.conf.

Since all those archive posts are over 3 years old I am confused on what
is the 9.0 procedure, (IE: is the 9.0 pkg any good? which port version
is complete? Does atapicam_load="YES" still have to be added to
/boot/loader.conf?