About suidperl in FreeBSD

Lowell Gilbert Lowell at Be-Well.Ilk.Org
Thu Sep 29 22:09:26 UTC 2011

Alberto Mijares <amijaresp at gmail.com> writes:

> I need suidperl for openwebmail. I include
>
> ENABLE_SUIDPERL=true
>
> in /etc/make.conf and compile with
>
> make -DENABLE_SUIDPERL"TRUE" install clean
>
> Even so there is no /usr/bin/suidperl anywhere. Any advise? I'm
> missing something?

The things you've tried don't make any sense to me; where did you get
such weird advice?

I'd say to get rid of the things you added, then
 # cd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.12
(or the directory for which ever other perl you want), then
 # make config
(so you can select the SUIDPERL option), then
 # make clean install clean

I would also suggest that you take a look at the ports section in the
FreeBSD Handbook, and then the manual page.

Good luck!