[0.5 OT] Looking for recommendation on Unix shell account

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 00:44:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Kruppa, Peter Ulrich <ulrich at pukruppa.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 27.09.2011 14:29, Carlos A. M. dos Santos wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> For reasons hard to explain I need to set-up a Unix (preferably
>> FreeBSD) shell account that I can access from anywhere.
>>
>> Arbornet and PBS were the first names that came to my mind, but I'm
>> open to other options. I don't mind paying a regular fee for it.
>> Privacy and security are my main concerns.
>>
> Hmm, that really depends on the reasons you can't explain.
> For example - if your internet service provider could give you a fixed IP
> Address you could just log into your own FreeBSD machine via ssh - very
> secure I believe.
> Or you could puchase one of these (virtual) root servers
> and there are dynamic ip services ...
>
> As I said: it depends.
>
> Greetings
>
> Peter.
>

>> Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
>>

> --
>
> Peter Ulrich Kruppa
> Wuppertal
> Germany

To obtain a fixed IP address , it is very likely that the ISP will provide
one based on a separate subscription to "static IP address" , because these
IP addresses are provided uniquely all over the world .

Cost of static IP address subscription is not very high , it is very likely
that it is around a few dollars per month .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk