autologin on default shell /bin/sh

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 21:46:18 UTC 2011

On 26/09/2011 22:37, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> in /etc/gettytab
>
> A|Al|Autologin console:\
>        :ht:np:sp#115200:al=olivares
>
> as my username is olivares.  It is working on BETA 2 :)  Now I hope to
> get it working again at home on an 8.2 amd machine.
>
> I will report back but return different machine and different
> information, hope only with a success report :)

This functionality hasn't changed over many FreeBSD versions --
certainly since the days of FreeBSD 4.x, and probably not over the
entire lifetime of the FreeBSD project.

If you do the same thing on your 8.2 machine as you've done on your
9.0beta2 machine, then it should work exactly the same.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3