autologin on default shell /bin/sh

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 19:25:24 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Sep 2011, Antonio Olivares wrote:

>>> Current link: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=22304
>>>
>>> That example was copied from a specially-configured FreeBSD image that
>>> auto-starts in X.  Try it exactly.  If it doesn't work, please be
>>> specific
>>> about what it does.
>>
>> I tried it and it worked as Matthew suggested for one time.  I put it
>> in .profile and it worked one time.
>
> That will depend on the user's shell; the code is written for csh and will
> have to be changed for sh or bash.
>
>> Subsequent reboots, I have to login then startx runs automatically
>
> That would say the autologin entry isn't right.  Incidentally, the built-in
> test(1) command can conflict with use of the word "test", so it's best to
> use something else.  At least for filenames, it might not be a problem here.

For the errors:

Sep 25 13:00:04 quadcore sm-mta[1432]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root):
opendaemonsocket: daemon Daemon0: cannot bind: Can't assign requested
address
Sep 25 13:00:04 quadcore sm-mta[1432]: daemon Daemon0: problem
creating SMTP socket
Sep 25 13:00:04 quadcore sm-mta[1432]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root):
opendaemonsocket: daemon Daemon0: server SMTP socket wedged: exiting

, I put sendmail_enable="NONE" into /etc/rc.conf and I don't see these anymore

I have changed it the same as your example.

I get some errors :

tcsetattr /dev/ttyv0:  operation not supported
inappropriate iotcl for device

I will try to change it to ttyv1 and see if makes it work.

Regards,

Antonio