Please secure your FTP access

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Sep 16 19:02:13 UTC 2011

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 11:03:40 -0700
Devin Teske articulated:

Between Top/Bottom and in-line posting, this thread is getting harder
to read by the minute.

I am not at my Windows machine at the moment; however, I know from past
experience that I CAN enter text, plain or HTML, after the last entry
in a message. It always did work in-line; however since I don't use
Outlook for replying to forum mail I cannot swear that it doesn't cause
a problem with in-line posting. That then brings up the next question,
why is the OP or any of the subsequent posters using HTML to begin
with? It certainly does not belong in forum posts. Furthermore, Outlook
will send in plain ASCII text if configured to do so. It can also be
configured to reply after the text rather than before if configured to
do so. Most users don't bother to configure it correctly and then blame
the product for their own inadequacies.

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+fbsd at seibercom.net

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or ignored.
Do not CC this poster. Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.