*caution* severely OT!!

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Tue Sep 13 20:42:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
> guys,
>
> can anyone start me on the way of porting a python program to C?
> tia,

Gary,

if you experience a performance bottleneck somewhere,
you may be better off performing some timings to
determine the exact cause, and then to port the specific
function(s) to a C module. Hints: ctypes, SWIG. Porting
the whole program may not be necessary. Save yourself
some quality time for other more pleasant tasks in life. ;-)

But if you really must, I suggest to port the program to
C++ instead of C, because there, you can make use of
the excellent STL data types and containers, that match
Python's somewhat. You may also consider using boost
libraries, if the STL isn't enough.

Good luck.

> gary

-cpghost.