Free BSD 9.0 Beta question

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Sep 11 03:24:45 UTC 2011

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 20:12:47 +0100, mikelectronic at sapo.pt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm from Portugal, I see this software on the net, and I make a Live
> cd to test him, But, when I try to run it, it ask me for a Login and
> Password, so my question is where can I get Login and Password?

Per default, the username "root" is defined for the system
administrator, and has an _empty_ password. You can add a
username for yourself (see "adduser" command) and define
your own password. Password changes are done using the
"passwd" interactive command; see "man passwd" for details.

You'll find excellent documentation about FreeBSD on the
main web site.

The FreeBSD Handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

The FreeBSD FAQ:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/

Maybe I may also recommend this one for beginners:

Introduction to FreeBSD.
An Absolute Beginners Guide to FreeBSD:
http://www.vmunix.com/fbsd-book/book.phtml

In your case, refer to
15.1.   User Names and Passwords -- Logging In:
http://www.vmunix.com/fbsd-book/book.phtml#s1-15-1

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany