wheel group & mkdir

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 16:49:56 UTC 2011

On 06/09/2011 16:49, Fbsd8 wrote:
> I have a user that belongs to the wheel group but when the user tries to
> issue mkdir command it gets a permission denied error.
>
> How do I fix this?

Make the directory that contains where your user is trying to create a
new subdirectory writable by group wheel.  Either that, or teach your
user to use su(1) or sudo(1) so they can mkdir as root.  (Adding users
to group wheel so they are permitted to run su(1) is a BSD-ism, and is
the usual reason for adding anyone to wheel.)

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3