vpn using pptpclient in FreeBSD

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 5 13:22:08 UTC 2011

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011, the wise Коньков Евгений wrote:

> may be you have a problem with firewall.
> try
> #traceroute <IP or name>

Traceroute gives:
traceroute vpn-eur-pptp.eur.nl
traceroute: Warning: vpn-eur-pptp.eur.nl has multiple addresses; using
130.115.3.35
traceroute to vpn-eur-pptp.eur.nl (130.115.3.35), 64 hops max, 40 byte
packets
  1  * * *
  2  * * *
  3  * * *
  4  * * *
  5  * * *

May I also add that I also have a laptop behind the ADSL router
running windows that has no problems at all with the vpn connection. That
is why I think the problem is with FreeBSD or the vpn software.

Marco

--
If there really was a Jewish conspiracy to run the world, my rabbi would
have let me in on it by now.  I contribute enough to the shule.