AMD 850/950 support?

Vladimir Kushnir vkushnir at bigmir.net
Sat Sep 3 08:09:43 UTC 2011

Hi Rob

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011, Rob wrote:

> Anyone know if FreeBSD 8.2 supports the AMD 850 and/or 950 southbridge?  I've
> been looking on the web without much luck (unusual) and the hardware docs for
> the release for the ata driver only mentions 5 amd chipsets.  Is there
> perhaps a different chipset I should be looking for to determine ata support
> for those southbridges?
>
> Rob

Not sure about 8.x. As far as I'm concerned SB850 seems to be supported
fairly well under -CURRENT. My present setup:
Phenom II 970;
AsRock 890GX Extreme4 (it's AMD 890GX/SB850, SATA-3, USB3 etc.);
SATA-3 HDD (Hitachi);
FreeBSD amd64-CURRENT updated some every 2-3 weeks since the last May.
So far everything seems to work properly.

WBR,
Vladimir