Problems with php5-pdo_pgsql, libpq etc. after upgrading postgresql

Jon Theil Nielsen jontheil at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 05:49:10 UTC 2011

Hi list,

Last week, I ran portupgrade as usual (after reading UPDATING). At lot of
ports were upgraded, one of them the postgresql database.
In the first place, I had to change the user name to start and access the
database (I placed postgresql_class="postgres" in /etc/rc.conf).
Secondly, I could not use davical (caldav calendar server) anymore. I
cannot connect to the database and when I try to access the web interface,
I get an error:
Fatal error: PDO connection error 'pgsql:dbname=davical user=davical_app':
could not find driver in /usr/local/share/awl/inc/AwlDBDialect.php on line
78.*
*I checked my php configuration through phpinfo and I could confirm that
there was no pdo driver for postgresql. There were only drivers for sqlite
and mysql.
When I try to rebuild databases/php5-pdo_pgsql with portupgrade -fRv
databases/php5-pdo_pgsql, I got this error:
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for PostgreSQL support for PDO... yes, shared
checking for pg_config... /usr/local/bin/pg_config
checking for openssl dependencies... no
checking for PQparameterStatus in -lpq... no
Unable to build the PDO PostgreSQL driver: libpq 7.4+ is required
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

My configuration:
uname -a:
FreeBSD servername 8.2-STABLE FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #0: Sun Oct 16 04:26:18
CEST 2011 root at servername:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/servername  i386
Some of the relevant ports:
postgresql-client-8.4.9
postgresql-server-8.4.9_2
php5-pdo-5.3.8
php5-pdo_mysql-5.3.8
php5-pdo_pgsql-5.3.8
php5-pdo_sqlite-5.3.8

I will appreciate any help, since I really need this calendar server.
--
*Jon Theil Nielsen*