csup: How do I know I have correct version?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat Oct 22 10:49:20 UTC 2011

On 22/10/2011 10:22, Thomas Mueller wrote:

>> > SUP_UPDATE=     yes
>> > SUP=            /usr/bin/csup
>> > SUPFLAGS=       -zgL 2
>> > SUPHOST=        cvsup1.fr.freebsd.org
>> > SUPFILE=        /etc/cvsup/stable-supfile
>> > PORTSSUPFILE=   /etc/cvsup/ports-supfile
>> > DOCSUPFILE=     /etc/cvsup/doc-supfile
>

>> > Then, you just have to copy the sample supfiles to /etc/cvsup/
> Then how do you update the system source, ports tree or doc?
> Something with 'make'?  'make update' ?

make update is the correct command.

> For ports, I run
> portsnap fetch update
>
> For system source, I run
> csup /usr/share/examples/releng9-supfile
>
> though I subsequently moved the releng9-supfile to /myconfig .

Don't define PORTSSUPFILE in /etc/make.conf if you're using portsnap(1).
 Apart from anything else, typing 'make update' in /usr/src will attempt
to cvsup not just the system sources but as well any of PORTS, DOC where
you've defined a ...SUPFILE.

In fact, without PORTSUPFILE defined in /etc/make.conf typing 'make
update' in /usr/ports will invoke portsnap for you, so long as you
obtained the ports tree by 'portsnap fetch extract' originally.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3