csup: How do I know I have correct version?

Damien Fleuriot ml at my.gd
Fri Oct 21 09:47:26 UTC 2011

On 10/21/11 11:27 AM, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> After I run
>
> csup /usr/share/examples/releng9-supfile
>
> how do I know I have the correct version, like 9.0-BETA3 or 9.0-RC1?
>
> I can't find any such information explicitly anywhere under /usr/src .
>
> This releng9-supfile was made from stable-supfile by changing RELENG_8 to RELENG_9 in the line
>
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_8
>
> I've been following the emailing lists current, questions and ports,
> noticed the heads-up that HEAD was going to 10-current.
>
> Maybe also I should put this releng9-supfile in a safer place where
> it won't be deleted by the next installation/upgrade?

Indeed you should.

>From my /etc/make.conf:
SUP_UPDATE=     yes
SUP=            /usr/bin/csup
SUPFLAGS=       -zgL 2
SUPHOST=        cvsup1.fr.freebsd.org
SUPFILE=        /etc/cvsup/stable-supfile
PORTSSUPFILE=   /etc/cvsup/ports-supfile
DOCSUPFILE=     /etc/cvsup/doc-supfile

Then, you just have to copy the sample supfiles to /etc/cvsup/