[zfs-discuss] ZFS on Dell with FreeBSD

Krunal Desai movszx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 20:36:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 5:49 AM, Albert Shih <Albert.Shih at obspm.fr> wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean when you say «H200 flashed with IT firmware» ?

IT is "Initiator Target", and many LSI chips have a version of their
firmware available that will put them into this mode, which is
desirable for ZFS. This is opposed to other LSI firmware modes like
"IR" which is RAID, I believe. (which you do not want). Since the H200
uses a LSI chip, you can download that firmware from LSI and flash it
to the card turning it into an IT-mode card and a simple HBA.

--khd