subversion and subversion16

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 17 08:24:57 UTC 2011

Hello, n.
You wrote 17 октября 2011 г., 11:55:08:

> There was a message in /usr/ports/UPDATING about subversion 1.6.x
>  and 1.7.0
> my daily
> # pkg_version -vIL=
> reports
> subversion-1.6.17_2                 <   needs updating (index has
>  1.7.0_1)
> I didn't use subversion-freebsd in the past and I want to stick to
>  version 1.6
> So from /usr/ports/UPDATING, I believe (c) applies to me
> I ran
> # cd /usr/ports/devel/subversion16
> # make config
> this showed me the same options as I always had...
> No trace of the new options, which I would probably have wanted to
>  deselect if they
> were there, but I would have expected them to be there ??
> --  is this normal?
  It is strange. On my non-development system (one, where ports are updated by regular csup from official servers, so it looks like any other FreeBSD system in the world) "make config" shows this:

                Options for subversion 1.6.17_4                    │
                                                                     │ ┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │
                                                                     │ │[X] P4_STYLE_MARKERS   Perforce-style conflict markers          │ │
                                                                     │ │[X] ENHANCED_KEYWORD   Enhanced svn:keyword support             │ │
                                                                     │ │[X] FREEBSD_TEMPLATE   FreeBSD Project log template             │ │
                                                                     │ │[X] MOD_DAV_SVN        mod_dav_svn module for Apache 2.X        │ │
                                                                     │ │[X] MOD_DONTDOTHAT     mod_dontdothat for Apache 2.X            │ │

> # portupgrade -o devel/subversion16 devel/subversion
> takes 3 seconds, no output
> -- is this normal?
  No. It is something strange...

> # portupgrade -m "WITH_SUBVERSION_VER=16" -r devel/subversion16
> takes also 3 seconfs, no output
> -- is this normal?
>
> What exactly do these things? I see not much change
  Could you, please, provide $FreeBSD$ line of devel/subversion16/Makefile? And inspect it by eyes, how OPTIONS lines looks like?

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>