LibreOffice Writer crashes when accessing the fonts pull down list

Otacílio otacilio.neto at bsd.com.br
Thu Oct 13 12:05:49 UTC 2011

 >On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 09:41 +0200, Leslie Jensen wrote:
 >> Hi List
 >>
 >> I've got a problem with the above.
 >>
 >> I've not made any changes other than updated the ports when so is
needed.

 >> If I do the setting/change of the font via the menu, I can get what I
 >> want. But if I pull down the fonts list and start scrolling, Writer
will
 >> crash.
 >
 >I just replaced openoffice with libreoffice and I see similar behaviour.
 >Simply opening the drop-down font list instigates the segfault or crash
 >- I've seen instances both where a segmentation fault is reported and
 >core dumped, and where the application exits silently.
 >
 >Changing the font via the menus or typing in the font name text box
 >doesn't instigate the crash.
 >
 >It also crashes when the menu "Tools->Language->For all Text->More..."
 >is accessed, but not for either of the "For Selection->More..." or "For
 >Paragraph->More..." menus.
 >
 ># make showconfig
 >===> The following configuration options are available for
 >libreoffice-3.4.3_1:
 >     WEBDAV=off "Support webdav protocol"
 >     KDE4=off "With Qt4/KDE4 vclplug support"
 >     GTK=on "With GTK vclplug support"
 >     GNOME=on "Better integration in gnome environnement"
 >     JAVA=off "Add Java support (XML Filters, macros)"
 >     PYUNO=off "Allow to script libreoffice in python"
 >     SYSTRAY=off "Enable systemtry quickstarter"
 >     MMEDIA=off "Enable multimedia backend for impress"
 >     SDK=off "Build with SDK"
 >     DEBUG=off "Build with debug symbols and verbose output"
 >===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
 ># uname -rms
 >FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE i386
 >

 >> PS: I could only find a list for freebsd-openoffice when I wanted to
 >> post this. So I choose the questions list instead.
 >
 >The freebsd-openoffice@ list was closed recently, and freebsd-office@ is
 >now the common list for "office" applications.
 >

 >Wayne

Dears

I have (exactly!) the same problem!
Simply opening the drop-down font list instigates the segfault or crash!

This is my system:

squitch# make showconfig
===> The following configuration options are available for
libreoffice-3.4.3_1:
      WEBDAV=on "Support webdav protocol"
      KDE4=off "With Qt4/KDE4 vclplug support"
      GTK=on "With GTK vclplug support"
      GNOME=on "Better integration in gnome environnement"
      JAVA=off "Add Java support (XML Filters, macros)"
      PYUNO=on "Allow to script libreoffice in python"
      SYSTRAY=off "Enable systemtry quickstarter"
      MMEDIA=on "Enable multimedia backend for impress"
      SDK=off "Build with SDK"
      DEBUG=off "Build with debug symbols and verbose output"
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
squitch# uname -rms
FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p2 i386