pkg_upgrade seems to try server that isn't right

Mike Clarke jmc-freebsd2 at milibyte.co.uk
Sun Oct 9 09:03:04 UTC 2011

On Sunday 09 October 2011, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:

> I assume you mean "pkg_upgrade" (not "upgrade_pkg")?
>
> See the "ENVIRONMENT" section of the man page.  All of the pkg_*
> tools are consistent in how they reference these variables.

There isn't a pkg_upgrade in the base system and I'm not aware of one in
ports either but I'm open to correction. There is a python script,
pkgupgrade, developed by Michel Talon which might meet the OP's needs
<http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~talon/>. Alternatively the OP could use
either portmaster or portupgrade from ports, both of these can be
forced to use packages instead of building from source by using the -P
or -PP options.

--
Mike Clarke