[0.5 OT] Looking for recommendation on Unix shell account

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Sat Oct 1 03:04:29 UTC 2011

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:29:26 -0300
"Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For reasons hard to explain I need to set-up a Unix (preferably
> FreeBSD) shell account that I can access from anywhere.
>
> Arbornet and PBS were the first names that came to my mind, but I'm
> open to other options. I don't mind paying a regular fee for it.
> Privacy and security are my main concerns.
>
> Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

I looked briefly one night at SDF.org.

http://sdf.org/?join

For a contribution of, like, $1.00, you get full access, and I suspect
that they're running FreeBSD (I haven't actually paid to see, but among
the list of commands that *would* be available as a full member, I
noticed "pkg_info").

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net