maildrop logging overwriting instead of appending

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Sat Oct 1 02:17:02 UTC 2011

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 20:48:39 -0500
"Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads at cox.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 20:31:36 -0500
> "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads at cox.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 18:16:17 -0600 (MDT)
> > Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

[snip]

Doh!  I just realized what was causing the log to be overwritten.

When I was first setting up and testing my .mailfilter file, I put the
following in my .forward file:

"|exec /usr/local/bin/maildrop 2>Mail/maildrop.log || exit 75"

Changing the redirection operator to ">>", of course, solved the
problem.

Sheesh, I feel almost as dumb as the author(s) of "Bumblebee".  :-)

Conrad, giving himself a well-deserved palm-whack on the forehead

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net"|exec /usr/local/bin/maildrop 2>Mail/maildrop.log ||