file system on 9.0

ajtiM lumiwa at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 15:03:20 UTC 2011

On Saturday 19 November 2011 06:29:40 Denise H. G. wrote:
> On 2011/11/19 at 20:09, ajtiM <lumiwa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi!
> > One more question before I start installing FreeBSD 9.0 RC-2.
> > Now we have a new bsdinstall and as I red and if I understood correct
> > there is also SU journaling file sistem. I will switch to the GPT
> > partion. If I want to have SU-j file system is it enough that I just
> > choose this option and voila?
>
> Yes. I think so. 'options UFS_GJOURNAL' is present in GENERIC kernel
> config. If you use GENERIC kernel, it is there.
>
> > And another question is about ports. There is an option "ports tree"
> > which is marked default. It is okay that I use this later with portsnap?
>
> Sure. portsnap is designed to work with the ports tree.
Thank you and one more, please...

Partitioning: if I choose guided than I got:
freebsd-boot
freebsd-ufs /
freebsd-swap

If I press "enter" on freebsd-ufs / than I got options to make moe partitions.
Is it okay that I make /, /var, /tmp and /usr as I have now.

Thank you very much for the help.

Mitja
--------
http://jpgmag.com/people/lumiwa