[OT] but concerns all of us

Stas Verberkt lists at legolasweb.nl
Thu Nov 17 20:20:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:56:31PM -0700, Chad Perrin wrote:
> I'd exhort readers to not take Jerry's absurd accusations and hostile
> attitude to anyone who doesn't just applaud his every effort as an
> indication that they should ignore the rest of what he says; in theory,
> some of it might actually be worth considering.  As I've reread it,
> though, I see that all of it is tainted by (intentionally?) confusing
> terms such as "theft" and "copyright infringement", leveling baseless
> accusations against innocent parties, and generally engaging in fallacy
> by preference rather than actual reasoned argumentation, so there's
> nothing left to read and judge for oneself.
I just saw that, besides the already mentioned website by the EFF, there
seems to be a letter to congres from several privacy and free expression
organisations worldwide:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/access.3cdn.net/ea0af5a75bcbfe15c4_v0m6bxvv4.pdf
Or Mozilla:
https://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2011/11/15/mozilla/