Can't access a music CD (or any other media now)

Peter Vereshagin peter at vereshagin.org
Sun Nov 13 12:54:46 UTC 2011

Hello.

2011/11/13 07:41:27 -0500 Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> => To FreeBSD :
J> I often wonder what happened to the premise that computers should make
J> man's life easier, not harder. Why should users be force to go to these

But probably it's easier to plug the wire from cd drive to a sound card?
That way one should get a mixer's separate "CD" volume regulator at no cost...

But sure this makes impossible the any processing like this:

    cdda2wav <args> | tee /some/file > /dev/dsp

Either way has its advantages and drawbacks.

--
Peter Vereshagin <peter at vereshagin.org> (http://vereshagin.org) pgp: A0E26627