Burning CD

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 00:20:04 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 3:59 PM, C Horman <bjhcmh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am interested in trying FreeBSD version 8.2 for an older computer that I
> have. Pentium 4, with 400MB of RAM and 2G harddrive.  There is no other
> operating system on the computer.  When I put the CD in to boot I get the
> message Non System disk - disk error.  I have looked at the files on the CD
> and I see boot files and loader files, so it looks like the files are
> available to use?  I used a free program for Windows XP to burn the ISO
> image to CD.  Could the way the ISO image was burned onto the CD cause the
> disk error problem?  Do you have any free software suggestions for burning
> a CD in Windows XP if this is the issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Chuck Horman

If you have Nero installed properly in your Windows XP , you do not need
any other program to burn a CD .

With Windows Explorer , position on the .iso file and double click . When
Nero starts directly burn the "image" . Do NOT select any Make Data , or
Copy Data etc. item from menus .

Directly burning an .iso file will create a boot enabled CD 9660 file
system . If you burn a data CD from .iso file , it will not record boot
sector , i.e. , it will not be boot enabled properly .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk