Burning CD

C Horman bjhcmh at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 21:13:02 UTC 2011

Hi,
I am interested in trying FreeBSD version 8.2 for an older computer that I have. Pentium 4, with 400MB of RAM and 2G harddrive.  There is no other operating system on the computer.  When I put the CD in to boot I get the message Non System disk - disk error.  I have looked at the files on the CD and I see boot files and loader files, so it looks like the files are available to use?  I used a free program for Windows XP to burn the ISO image to CD.  Could the way the ISO image was burned onto the CD cause the disk error problem?  Do you have any free software suggestions for burning a CD in Windows XP if this is the issue?

Thanks,
Chuck Horman