zfs file names (inodes) without files (ENOENT)

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Nov 7 21:01:21 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 3:32 AM, Martin von Gagern
<Martin.vGagern at gmx.net> wrote:
> Makes me wonder whether I'd be better off with either some OpenSolaris
> descendant (hoping that the problem only lies in the FreeBSD port of
> ZFS) or with Linux (and either btrfs or some more mature fs).

Both of those solutions are guaranteed to contain a different set of
bugs. ;)  I've looked at both FreeBSD and OpenIndiana, and could give
you some thoughts on what I see is their respective strong and weak
points, if you're interested.

It *would* be interesting to see what OpenIndiana made of that
filesystem.  You could boot a LiveCD and then import the pool and see
if you had the same issue.  If nothing else that might let you delete
the problematic file entry.