Get list of ethernet devices

Michael Ross gmx at ross.cx
Mon Nov 7 12:13:29 UTC 2011

Am 07.11.2011, 02:24 Uhr, schrieb Marco Steinbach
<coco at executive-computing.de>:

> I'd be interested in testing the results (or possible steps thereto) of
> your efforts in creating a customized, bootable FreeBSD USB stick image,
> if that's feasible.

I am not creating an image at all.

What I did is:
- Download memstick image from freebsd.org, copy to stick
- Plug stick and external drive into computer
- Boot from stick, install to external drive

Worked like a charm.

Next I'll create packages from the software on the server,
	pkg_info | cut -d " " -f 1 | xargs pkg_create -b
copy them over to the external drive and pkg_add them.

I guess I could just dd the result to another drive, stick or to an image
file.

Michael