No color on CUPS

James Colannino james at colannino.org
Mon Nov 7 00:50:00 UTC 2011

Hey everyone,

I hope this is FreeBSD-specific enough for this list...  Ever since
moving to FreeBSD, I haven't been able to use color on my color
laserjet.  I've tried selecting just about every color laserjet model
from the web interface to CUPS that I can think of, and the only color
models available are grayscale and inverted grayscale.  I was always
able to get color no problem on my Linux box.  I know there's something
stupid that I'm missing, but I'm not really knowledgeable about CUPS,
much less CUPS on FreeBSD.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?  Thanks
so much!

James