Problem with mergemaster-p

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Nov 5 01:11:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, 4 Nov 2011 21:55:03 -0300, Zantgo wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade to 9.0 stable, but when I run "mergemaster-p" in single mode, I get the following error message:
>
> *** Creating the temporary root environment in / var / tmp / temproot
> mkdir / var / tmp / temproot: Read-only file system
>
>      *** FATAL ERROR: Can not create / var / tmp / temproot

According to the handbook and the comment header
of /usr/src/Makefile, after you've booted into
single user mode, run "fsck", then "mount -a",
and all partitions should be mounted rw. You
can check this using the "mount -v" command.
(Of course this depends on the partitioning
scheme you're using.)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany