Dell R210 "no disks found"

Paul Macdonald paul at ifdnrg.com
Fri May 27 06:36:03 UTC 2011

> Any one else get FreeBSD installed on an R210?  Is there a BIOS
> setting that I need to check or something?  I've spent about a week on
> this and will need to return both R210s soon if I can't get them
> working.

I've got loads of these and never had a problem, including 8.2-REL.

do the drives definately show up in the bios and whilst the machine posts?

Sometimes weird stuff happens if you have a bad iso, try reburning your
install media.

Also try a linux install disk to verify its not OS dependent.

good luck
Paul.