Unusual Error while compiling from Portstree

herbert langhans herbert.raimund at gmx.net
Thu May 26 15:09:14 UTC 2011

Hi Daemons,
recently some of the ports get stuck when I compile from the portstree
with #make install - it says '1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to
nbase/configure.rej'.

The portstree is updated, FreeBSD 7.2 on this laptop, many other ports
are working.

I had such trouble with ports/graphics/xv, with ImageMagick and now with
nmap too. Here is the output:

<snip>
sandcat# cd /usr/ports/security/nmap
sandcat# make install
===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
===>  License GPLv2 accepted by the user
=> nmap-5.51.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-5.51.tar.bz2
nmap-5.51.tar.bz2                             100% of   16 MB   99 kBps
00m00s
===>  Extracting for nmap-5.51_1
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for nmap-5.51.tar.bz2.
===>  Patching for nmap-5.51_1
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for nmap-5.51_1
1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to nbase/configure.rej
=> Patch patch-nbase__configure failed to apply cleanly.
=> Patch(es) patch-Makefile.in patch-TargetGroup.cc patch-configure
patch-libdnet-stripped__configure patch-libdnet-stripped__src__eth-bsd.c
applied cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/nmap.
sandcat#
</snip>

Anybody has an idea whats wrong there? I have no clue what it is about
failed hunks and such!

Thanks!
herb langhans

--