Urgent: Under attack - need tcpdrop help

Alejandro Imass ait at p2ee.org
Tue May 24 20:53:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Andy Wodfer <wodfer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> One of my FreeBSD servers is currently being attacked (DDOS) and I'm
> blocking IP addresses in my firewall. However, there are a large number of
> hung tcp connections and I want them gone.

I know it's not what you're asking but for the future try fail2ban. I
can gladly post a simple how to here for FreeBSD.

It's a very simple solution but I have been keeping off pests quite
well with fail2ban. I think it's an awesome and simple framework to
automatically ban IPs and they just move on to the th next server. In
fact you can see the bannings diminish in time as they are the one
that get tired ;-)

Good luck,

--
Alejandro Imass