about wine with nvidia-driver

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Mon May 23 19:00:24 UTC 2011

For all consumers of wine-fbsd64 packages.  The latest packages are available
at http://www.mediafire.com/wine_fbsd64.

Is there a mailing list that everyone (most people) frequent?  If so I will
send a mail to it whenever I upload a new package.

On Monday 23 May 2011 10:50:16 alphachi wrote:
> I install wine for amd64 based on http://people.freebsd.org/~ivoras/wine/.
> The installation is ok, but some error found when I use
> patch-wine-nvidia.sh:
>
> # sh Downloads/patch-wine-nvidia.sh
> ===> Patching wine-fbsd64 to work with x11/nvidia-driver:
> => Detected wine-fbsd64: 1.3.20,1
> => Detected nvidia-driver: 270.41.19
> => Extracting NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-270.41.19.tar.gz to /usr/local/lib32...
> x libGL.so.1
> x libnvidia-tls.so.1
> tar: NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-270.41.19/obj/libGLcore.so.1: Not found in archive
> tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
> !!! Failed to extract NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-270.41.19.tar.gz !!!
> Terminating...
>
> The installation and patch-wine-nvidia.sh are all ok when I install
> *wine-fbsd64:
> 1.3.18,1* before a few days.
>
> I don't know why, thx!

nVidia changed the naming of their libraries a while back, so this will not
work for newer versions of nvidia-driver,

I have uploaded a new patch script [1] that handles the new files (and
hopefully the old files as well).

If it does not work for you please let me know.

Regards,

David

[1] http://www.mediafire.com/wine_fbsd64