Not able to install firefox 4 from 8.2 stable packages

Xn Nooby xnooby at gmail.com
Sun May 22 18:50:19 UTC 2011

>   # portsnap fetch update
>   # cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster
>   # make install
>   # portmaster --check-depends
>   # portmaster www/firefox

Thanks!, that worked, though I had to do a 'rehash' after the 'make install'.

> There is work going on to change this situation -- search the list
> archives for discussion of pkgNG and PC-PSD's .pci format if you're
> interested. In the mean time, many people find that installing
> everything from source via the ports is the least frustrating method,
> albeit at the cost of spending more time running compilations.

I started using the approach of installing everything from ports, but
it takes a long time to build things like xorg and firefox. Even
though I don't like PC-BSD using KDE, their PBI system seems to
circumvent these problems.  I will read up on pkgNG, too.  Thanks!