Running gpg-agent and caching the passphrase

Jens Jahnke jan0sch at gmx.net
Sat May 21 07:02:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to get gpg-agent running under 8.2 using the same setup I've
had on my linux box.
The agent is started via .xinitrc:
export GPG_TTY=$(tty)
if [ -z `pgrep gpg-agent` ]; then
  eval $(gpg-agent --daemon --write-env-file "${HOME}/.gpg-agent-info" \
  --log-file "${HOME}/.gnupg/gpg-agent.log")
fi

The agent is up and running (checked via ps) and the option "use-agent"
is set in gpg.conf. As pinentry I installed pinentry-gtk2.

If I try to sign or decrypt something the pinentry window comes up and
asks for my passphrase. So far so good but I want it to cache my
passphrase for some time.
My ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf:
default-cache-ttl = 3600

But no matter what option I set the passphrase is not cached and there
is no error message in the logs.
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but the same setup was
running on my linux box without problems so I guess this might be bsd
related.

Regards,

Jens

P.S.: I use ssh-agent also and it works without problems. While using
gpg-agent with the ssh option ask for the passphrase every time the key
is used.

--
21. Wonnemond 2011, 08:24
Homepage : http://www.jan0sch.de

	A crow perched himself on a telephone wire.  He was going to
make a long-distance caw.