how to use cfs (cryptographic file system) ?

Christopher Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Tue May 17 13:29:15 UTC 2011

No problem:

I looked up my solution to the problem because I submitted a patch to fix things. It's here (ports pr #155788):

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/155788

After this you should be able to create an encrypted filesystem with cmkdir and attach it with cattach and detach it with cdetach.

-- Chris

On May 17, 2011, at 6:53 AM, Alano Conraz wrote:

> I tried this and it seems to work.
> Thank you very much for your help!
>
> Have a good day.
>
> While still being useful cfsd is old and doesn't conform to the latest practices in nfs servers. In particular, it doesn't: use tcp, use IPv6, or do nfs v3 or later.
>
> I changed the line in the .../rc.d/cfsd script that came with the port to the following:
>
> mount -o port="$cfsd_port",nfsv2,udp 127.0.0.1:${cfsd_bootstrap} "$cfsd_mountpoint"
>
> I changed the mount to use udp and nfsv2. I also coded the localhost address rather than the name. Finally, I made the bootstrap and the mountpoint controllable via configuration variables. I'm pretty sure that I sent these modifications to the cfs port maintainer as a patch to the port. I also probably included a KEYWORD: shutdown in the port to get by an annoying warning and the second startup.
>
> -- Chris Hilton
>

> Chris Hilton                                   e: chris|at|vindaloo|dot|com
>                 "The pattern juggler lifts his hand; The orchestra begin.
>     As slowly turns the grinding wheel in the court of the crimson king."
>                                          -- Ian McDonald / Peter Sinfield

Chris Hilton                       tildeChris -- http://myblog.vindaloo.com
                                       e: -- chris /at/ vindaloo /dot/ com
                       "I'm on the outside looking inside, What do I see?
                             Much confusion, disillusion, all around me."
                                       -- Ian McDonald / Peter Sinfield