ZFS Deduplication (was Re: FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE)

Mike Seda maseda at stanford.edu
Fri May 13 20:48:01 UTC 2011

All,
Currently, I'm really only interested in using FreeBSD so that I can
leverage ZFS Deduplication (available in ZFS v21 and higher) on one server.

What is the best (most stable) way to get this functionality at the
moment? Should I just install FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE and then apply the
backported ZFS v28 patch such as the one below:
http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/zfs_20100831.patch.bz2

Mike