Unable to boot installer

Daniel Staal DStaal at usa.net
Fri May 13 19:55:42 UTC 2011

I'm trying to install FreeBSD on my new laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad X220), and
it dies in the middle of the boot, using either the memstick image or the
DVD image.  (That's all I've tried so far.)  I'm using the 8.2 images.

The last two lines it shows are:
atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> port 0x60,0x64 irq 1 on acpi0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> irq 1 on atkdbc0

Then it just stops.

Any ideas?  Any chance I'll be able to get FreeBSD on this laptop?

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.